Stonecutters #2: Killing Spree Ending
Theme: Why The Simpsons is Better than Family Guy
aka Great Simpsons Pop Culture References
- Last Exit to Springfield (The Grinch)
- Lisa’s Rival (The Fugitive/Scarface/The Telltale Heart)
- Sideshow Bob Roberts (Archie/All the President’s Men/A Few Good Men)
- Sweet Seymour Skinner’s Baadaaaasssss Song (Alien)
- The PTA Disbands (It’s a Wonderful Life)
PLUS! This Stonecutter’s proceedings featured a meal comprised of food referenced in the five episodes:
Peanut Butter Cups
Lots of Honey & Sugars!
Also we had Skittlebrau. (Mit Iodine!)
Stonecutters #1: The Beginning
Theme: (Some of the) Greatest Guest Stars
- Patrick Stewart as “Number One” - Homer the Great
- Dave Thomas as Rex Banner - Homer Versus the 18th Amendment
- Kelsey Grammer / David Hyde Pierce as the Terwilliger brothers - Brother from Another Series
- Johnny Cash as The Space Coyote - El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer
- Phil Hartman as Lionel Hutz - Bart Gets Hit by a Car
- Potentially one of the greatest ever deleted scenes appears in Brother from Another Series – as the Terwilliger Brothers’ wrestling over Cecil’s ill-gotten dam cash, the dollars and gun rain down on Hans Moleman, who apparently lives below the dam. He thanks God for the money, grabs the gun, and demands He hand over the rest.
- Bob Dylan was the alternate casting choice for El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer
- Also regarding the Mysterious Voyage episode, from Wikipedia:
Most of the hallucination sequence was animated completely by David Silverman. Silverman did not want the risk of sending it to South Korea, as he wanted it to look exactly as he had imagined it, including rendered backgrounds to give a soft mystical feel to the scene. The coyote was intentionally drawn in a boxier way so that it looked “other-worldly” and unlike the other characters.